3.30.2012

A lovely Friday night...

Well, that's what we had in store. Things haven't gone quite the way I planned. Maybe I should stop planning.

Matt and I took Evan in for a weight check today. I was certain he would be back up to his birth weight from the 8# 14 oz. that we left the hospital at. Not even close. He had put on one ounce.

A little deviation from the story...if you were with us when Steve was born, you may remember that I was an emotional mess for a few weeks after we got home. I cried because we had to turn down tickets to a Packers pre-season game. I'm a Bears fan. The same hormonal let down is taking place as we speak.not this time I thought I was prepared and that it would effect me as much. Wrong.

So, sitting in the doctor's office faced with the fact that my kid, who I thought was eating like a champ, actually hasn't been, sent me over the edge. Even a trip to Target couldn't completely cure me.

Add on top of that another heal prick because the doctor was concerned about jaundice, and I was really a sight.

The doctor called at 5:50, with not so great news. Evan's count was elevated, and since we were headed into the weekend, he needed to be admitted to the hospital. And, since I'm breastfeeding, I get to go with.

It was heart-breaking telling Steve that we wouldn't be able to watch Fraggle Rock. He did everything right. Ate all of his dinner. Picked up his toys. Poor kid. He didn't know what he was signing up for when he got a little brother.

Luckily, my awesome co-teacher came over and took Steve to her house for an impromptu playdate with her little guy.

There are probably things I'm forgetting, but I need to rest. So, here is a picture of my littlest man catching some rays.

No comments:

Post a Comment