Speaking of the other boy...Matt brought Steve in this morning to keep me company. He's been very entertaining. It seems he has started to understand that when you talk, at least in our house, your hands are as equally involved as your mouth. So, he's adding some gestures, totally clean ones, to emphasize what he says. There was an instance just a bit ago where he was talking about the very scary elevator, and how he would have to ride in it to go get lunch with Daddy. The hands kept us laughing for a while.
I know last night's post was kind of whiney. I'm sorry. I realize that we are very lucky to have the baby we have. With this exception, he is healthy. There are many more people in this world who are dealing with much scarier stuff than we are. And I'm grateful that I don't have to make the decisions that they have to make. In my little world, where everything is supposed to be perfect, this was just a shock to me.
On the upside...I haven't cried at all today. There wasn't even a hint of tears when the doctor came in and talked with us about everything. Both doctors have been really wonderful. Matt's super proud of me. :)
After lunch, Steve and Matt will head home for naps. Then it sounds like Steve is going to get a long overdue haircut, a trip to the grocery store (equally long overdue), and maybe even a Menards (Target for Daddy) visit. Big day!!! I am hoping that after the noon blood draw Evan's numbers will be down, they can turn off the lights, and we might be home for dinner. A huge poop out of the tiny man would be very helpful as well!
Some sweetness....

No comments:
Post a Comment