Updates on the lives of Matt, Angie, Steve, Evan, and Flop. And some other random things that I feel are important for sharing.
3.11.2012
Some Random Things
The Mitchell Park Domes in Milwaukee have had a model train exhibit up for the past few months. Of course, we waited until almost the last weekend to take advantage of it. But it was worth it! There are 3 domes there, a tropical and a desert dome, then the show dome which had the trains. Steve could have spent HOURS watching the trains go around the tracks. His favorite train was the 3-car (the shortest there) train led by none other than Thomas, followed by Annie and Clarabelle. And we had a perfect viewing spot for it. Matt dug out his camera and put his skills to work. I think he did a great job capturing the joy on Steve's face. There are also some really good photos of flowers and plants, but he's still going through those.
Other random things...
Every time I have a pain different from what has been considered "normal" the past few weeks, I swear I'm going into labor. I know, I'm overreacting just a touch.
Sleep is getting elusive these days as I can't get comfortable. For some reason, the most comfortable position to sleep in is flat on my back. Well, that's not good for me or the baby. But tell that to my unconscious self. She would definitely argue with you.
We had a very exciting trip to the grocery store yesterday, after the entire house slept until 3 p.m. Steve lost his Buzz Lightyear hat. This hat was a hand-me-down from Cameron and it was truly love at first sight. The biggest problem is that Buzz isn't very warm, so Steve only gets to wear it during the fall and late winter/early spring. Anyway, we had the hat when we entered the soda aisle, we didn't have it when we left. Let me tell you how much fun it is to hear a 2.5 year old ask every 2.5 seconds where his Buzz hat is. We made 3 trips around that store, with a fully loaded cart, and couldn't find it. I stopped at Customer Service, and the manager happened to be working there. She took my name and number, and said if they found it they would call me. Then I asked if there was any way she could check with the clerks at the checkstands, as I know in the past I have turned in found items when I am paying for the groceries. We were checking out, and a very nice man came to bag the groceries. I mentioned the Buzz hat, and he said that he was pretty sure it had just been found!!! Yippeee!!! That was one of the few times that Steve said "thank you" without any provocation from me. He was ecstatic. And I was relieved.
Spring break is over as of tomorrow. I am planning to return to work for 2 weeks and 2 days. Again, since I am freaking out about every little pain or cramp, this could be a long 2 weeks.
I did get my bag packed for the hospital, at least the things that could be packed. And we have the most adorable coming-home outfit for this little guy, thanks to Grandma. He'll probably be able to wear it 2 times, but that's okay. If he grows anything like Steve did, we'll have another monster on our hands very soon.
I think that's all the random-ness I can offer for the day. Maybe I should try to take a nap, seeing as I won't be able to tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment