3.25.2012

We're all exhausted.

So, my mom came down from the 'Burg to take care of Steve and other stuff around the house. As far as I know, she did laundry, some yardwork, played with Steve, did some more laundry and was generally awesome. Can't thank you enough, Mom! You made the day remarkably easy for Angie and me.

I'm beat, but have nothing to show for it. All I did was lounge around the birthing room, watch golf and basketball, take a bunch of pictures and send a bunch of text messages and emails. Even so, it turns out that's hard work... somehow.

Angie and Evan were clearly the stars of the day, though. We were up at 5 when Angie's water broke, Mom was down by 6:30 and we were into the hospital by 7. Contractions were irregular until about 11 when they put in the epidural and started the Pitocin. Doc came back in at about 2:30 and by 3:09, we had our second little boy, Evan Donald Kennedy. I think Angie pushed through just 5 contractions - about 15 squeezes. Things really couldn't have gone more smoothly.

Evan was 9 lbs, 2 oz (Steve was 7/10) and 19.75" long (exactly the same as Steve). Big boy. Because of his size, his blood sugar is a big low and about an hour ago, they had to draw a bunch of blood from his heel. Loads of fun - show up into the world and get nothing but poked and prodded and stabbed for the first 6 hours. Nobody seems concerned, though, and I'm sure once he starts eating on a regular basis, things will stabilize.

We have a handful of pictures posted on our Picasa site, but there are more I still haven't collected as they're on Angie's phone and my mom's camera. I'll get those and more pics gathered in the coming days and add them to the same album. In the meantime, here are a few to keep you entertained.




























































No comments:

Post a Comment