When she first "got in there" she said I was about 1 cm dilated (actually she told me all of this after the whole ordeal was done). Then there was a lot of pushing on my uterus, digging around, and some other feelings I can't quite describe. But it was all painful. Matt said I handled it like a champ. I guess that's good seeing as how all I wanted to do was scream and squeeze something and I didn't have either of those options. What the doctor was doing was stretching my cervix another centimeter. She said it might shrink back to 1 cm, but this at least helps a little bit with the induction looming on Sunday. My lower belly has been hurting ever since. I tried to take a waddle up and down the street, but only made it halfway and had to come home. I'll be resting and relaxing this afternoon after that.
So, we just continue to wait things out. Matt has a big paper and presentation due in 1 week for grad school, but he's doing his best to get everything completed before the weekend. I did tell him he can take the computer to the hospital with him if he needs to.
I also forgot to mention the "nesting" that has been going on. I haven't done a lot, but I did finish a couple of things in the baby's room Sunday, along with laundry (good thing...I was out of undies!) and vacuuming the 2 main levels. Yesterday, though, I entertained Matt a bit. I decided that the 2 linen closets in the hallway needed to be switched. One is long and shallow, the other short and deep. I don't know why it took me this long to determine, but sheets would fit much better in the long/shallow closet and blankets in the short/deep one. So I switched them. And I found a place in our bathroom cupboards for the towels Matt and I use so we don't have to run around naked when I wash the towels! In doing this switch, I also freed up a shelf for baby blankets (of which we have a few), which in turn freed up a dresser drawer. It was a very productive 20 minutes.
whoa!!! I never had to go through that (3 csections!) I hope it helps/sorry for the pain! I love the closet story....put that in the baby book!! btw, Forune's Rocks does start out slow, and the tense it's written in is cumbersome as I recall, but it does get better....you need a fast Jodi Picoult type book. My best book this summer is The Help by Kathryn Stockett...it is OUTSTANDING! I went to the booksigning and met her...check out the amamzon reviews and see if your library has it/if not the bookstore. You would love it!! Fast read/grabs you right away!
ReplyDelete