We went to the doctor this morning for our weekly appointment. There may be some information that some of you don't want to know (as in Too Much), and I apologize in advance. There isn't really a way to put it somewhere else and have it all make sense, so I'm just going to hope you have the stomach for it all!
Blood pressure continues to be steady, and so is my weight. There was no gain between last week and this week. My belly is measuring about 36 cm, so that is good. The doctor did check me for any signs of dilation or effacement. Nothing going on down there quite yet; baby is still locked up tightly. She did say that my cervix is very soft, which is a good sign. It means that things are starting to progress, just not yet there. I haven't been having any contractions, other than Braxton Hicks, which would also explain why everything is tightly locked in place.
The doctor did have me schedule my last 2 appointments. I'm going in the 16th, the 23rd, and the 29th (Little K's due date). On the 23rd, if I'm still not experiencing contractions and there isn't any dilation, we'll schedule an induction for either the 31st or 3rd. Apparently they like a week's notice for these things. Also, on the 29th, I won't be seeing my regular doctor because she's taking that week off (she will still be around should I go into labor though). Hopefully by that point Little K will be ready to meet everyone and it won't even matter.
That's about all I've got today. The weather is nice again so I'm heading out to the pool to read, maybe nap, and get some sun. Here's Flop, getting as comfortable as a cat can possibly be.
No comments:
Post a Comment