1) Swollen fingers: Some of you may remember that I had to give up wearing my wedding ring a long time ago, end of February or the beginning of March. That was okay at first, but now I'm tired of it. I happen to love my wedding ring/engagement ring combo and I love wearing it. Also, over the past few weeks my fingers have started to resemble link sausages. I might be able to handle that, except that along with the swelling there is also a considerable amount of paint and lack of ability to grasp things firmly. I'll be happy to have my fingers back.
2) Itchy Belly: Early on, there was a spot that would itch about an inch to my right of my belly button. It wasn't constant, just when my belly got bumped or something. Then, it started to get worse and about the same time Jake and Emily gave me some Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter. That's been the greatest stuff. I'd slather it on each morning and unless I got in the pool it would keep the itch away all day. It's not working quite so well anymore. I think I've applied it 3 times today. It will work for a little while, then I start itching again and again.
3) Falling Asleep: For some reason, I have a hard time falling asleep on my left side. If I can get comfortable, or I'm exhausted, then no problem. More often than not, though, I have to fall asleep on my right side. The problem with this? I snore directly into Matt's ear and he can't fall asleep. Nice of me, huh? He has noticed that if I am asleep and snoring, he can make me roll over so the sound is softer then put his hand on my shoulder which stops me from snoring. If he can manage to do this long enough, he can fall asleep too.
I know, I know...There are many new and exciting challenges awaiting us when this baby is actually here. And all of this complaining will seem silly when that happens. Just needed to get everything off my chest.
You are definitley allowed to whine a little. The end of pregnancy isn't too much fun - I'm right there with you. I whine plenty...and I don't feel too bad about it! Haha. :)
ReplyDelete