7.01.2009

Busy Week 36



It's been a pretty busy week (or 1/2 week) at the Kennedy Compound. Grandma Hoemann came down on Sunday and has been with us all week. She'll be heading back to Jean's this afternoon, but will be back on Friday afternoon for the big shindig that Jean is hosting here.

Yesterday we had our 3rd ultrasound to check baby's position. The doctor on Friday didn't think the baby was head down, and you may remember that I disagreed with that. Fortunately, I was right! Little K is head down and perfectly comfortable, as can be witnessed every day by the kicking and stretching. We didn't get very many photos yesterday because Little K was being very camera shy and kept putting a hand in between him/her and the ultrasound wand. But, here s/he is!

  

I met with the doctor today for a weekly check up. She thinks the baby is going to be gaining a pound a week (all of the literature says a 1/2 pound) and there may be need to induce during the 39th week if the baby does that. That would make the baby 9 pounds! This isn't completely outrageous, seeing as how I was an 8 pound 14 ounce baby, and Matt was also over 8 pounds. I think I'm just going to sit back and see what God and nature decide to do. Supposedly I gained 2 pounds since last Friday, but again, I disagree! Today I'm wearing jeans, and the other times I've been weighed recently I was in shorts or yoga pants. So maybe I've gained a pound. But my blood pressure continues to be good, and my belly is measuring at 35 cm, which is good.

So, just to keep you in the loop, we are not planning any procedure for the week of the 15th since Little K has put his/her head where it belongs. 

I think that's everything. Here are a couple Flop pictures because I know everyone thinks he's as cute as I do. :)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment