7.16.2009

Week 38 Doctor Update

First off, there is no picture for this week. Matt decided late last night as I was watering plants that my belly looked bigger and we needed to take a picture right then. I just looked at it and it is terrible! My hair looks like crap from only being rinsed in the pool, my face is at a weird angle, and I'm wearing my glasses (which equals glare). You'll just have to deal. For those who are friends of mine on Facebook, go there and look at the compilation of all of the belly pictures.

On to the doctor update...Everything remained about the same this week. My BP continues to be good, I gained a pound, and my belly is measuring at 38 cm (how it gained 2 cm in one week, I don't know). There is no dilation as of yet, but as the doctor said again, my cervix is very soft and will only take a little prodding to get things started. 

I've been walking each day. Okay, that's an overstatement. I've been waddling very slowly up and down the street each day. It takes me 1/2 hour to go not very far. I think under normal conditions it would probably only take me 10 minutes to walk the distance I have been going. The waddling is supposed to help Little K drop into position. I haven't notice a big difference, but Matt thinks there might be a slight drop.

The doctor did apologize for not telling me that she would be on vacation the week I'm due. Again, she will be in town, just not in her office. The hospital will be able to contact her if needed.

Reading update: I'm on book number 11 from the library. I finished Ghost Soldiers last night. It started out a little slow and confusing (there are a lot of people mentioned that you have to keep straight), but once I got to about page 100, I didn't want to put it down. It is non-fiction, which I don't read very often, but I strongly recommend it. I'm working on Nice to Come Home To right now, and it is set in the Adams Morgan neighborhood of D.C. 

To make up for the lack of an Angie picture, here's a Flop picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment