
The weekend was a busy one at the Kennedy Compound. We had a great time, but now it's time for some relaxing by the pool and reading the next few weeks.
Friday Jean hosted the best shower at our house for family, friends, and neighbors. My mom even got to come to town for the big event! We had a blast catching up with people, not to mention all of the wonderful food. It was almost too much! And Little K is definitely set with all of the loot s/he received from everyone. I can't thank you all enough. We really are lucky to have such great friends and family.
On the 4th, we all opted for sleeping in, instead of a parade. Well, all of us except Little K wanted to sleep in. I ended up getting out of bed around 5 or 5:30, and since I had nothing better to do, I organized all of the gifts. I sorted according to things that needed to be washed, toys, books (we got HUGE pile!), and then random things. Our cousins, Scott and Carolyn, brought a 3-tier diaper cake with them which was fun to tear apart. We have plenty of back-up disposables now. I did finally go back to sleep for a couple of hours, then we took both moms on a tour of Racine (just after the parade had ended) and showed them how to get to the hospital from our house when the big day finally arrives. Brigid was kind enough to host everyone at her new house that afternoon and we watched fireworks from her street. We also went to Jim and Lauren's new place for a fire. Little K, not wanting to be left out of the festivities, gave everyone a little show with some kicks and punches.
Today was a pretty quiet day. We went to IHOP with mom for brunch, then she and I went to Babies R Us and Target to do a little exchanging and shopping. Unfortunately, Mom had to go back to the airport, but she'll be back before we know it! We are about 3 weeks from D-Day. I've also done some laundry and organizing of all the baby stuff.
Pictures from the weekend can be seen in two places. Part of my mom's/our pictures are here. Jean took several as well and they can be seen here.
This has nothing to with this weekend but I must share it anyway! Last summer at the Hoemann family reunion, I secured another spot on the Cornhusker Cup (the trophy for the golf tournament). Jean just had the winning team names engraved on the cup, so I could finally take my picture with it. And, my name is on there twice, which happens to be one more than Matt's name is on there.
No comments:
Post a Comment