Case in point: ice cream and strawberries as the dessert to my 2 slices of peanut butter and rhubarb jam toast. So, I propose a new addition to the meal line up. We should all be able to enjoy a little breakfast dessert, even if we aren't pregnant.
Now, there is an actual reason for this morning's breakfast dessert. Last night at the Brewers/White Sox game, Matt got up to use the bathroom. Since our seats are up there (but still good), I make as few trips down as possible; if you walk down, you're going to have to walk back up and that's the tricky part! As he was leaving, he asked if I wanted anything. There was some waffling back and forth, but I eventually said that I wanted some ice cream. Nothing fancy, I didn't need a helmet sundae, just vanilla ice cream. Matt leaves, and shortly thereafter he is headed back to our seats with a beer in his hand. That's it. When he sat down next to me I just stared at him. He finally asked what was wrong and I said something to the effect of "Missing something?" He still wasn't getting it. So I asked where my ice cream was, at which point he felt like an idiot. But, he did not offer to go back down and get me some, so he had to suffer not only my comments (and I was ruthless) but also Brigid's.
So I had ice cream this morning to try to make up for last night. It sort of worked.
Here's a little comparison of me on Opening Day at Miller Park, and almost exactly 2 months later (I look a lot more exhausted at last night's game, than the one on the first day of Spring Break!).
I think you look absolutely gorgeous!!
ReplyDelete