
It's actually been very quiet around the Compound today. I made Matt chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, with the good chocolate chips (white and semi-sweet chocolates mixed). Then he was off to British Car Field Days (I can finally remember the name!) in Sussex with his dad.

I've been trying to get the pool looking "pretty". It is perfectly fine to swim in, it just doesn't look like something you want to swim in. I did some vacuuming, shocked it, added a bunch of chlorine tablets, and went to the pool store for some clarifier. I'm not sure if it is working, but it has also only been a few hours, and you usually have to wait at least 6 hours to see results. I'll keep you posted on the progress.
I celebrated Father's Day with my dad yesterday in Davenport. The drive down was very easy, only taking about 3.5 hours, including two stretching/bathroom stops. We had a lovely long lunch on the banks of the Mighty Mississippi.
As long as the breeze was blowing, it was fine. But the temperature was steadily climbing to reach an eventual high right around 90. We did finally decide it was too warm for Little K and me to stay outside. We found the nearest Target and wandered around there for a while. For dessert we headed to Steak 'n' Shake and to our amazement were treated to an air show by the Blue Angels! In Dad's words, "That made the drive completely worth it!" All in all, a great afternoon.
So, to all the dads out there, I hope you've had a great Father's Day doing something you love. Thanks also to my dad for being the best dad you could ever ask for, let along be "stuck" with!:) Thanks also to Matt for being the best dad-to-be and taking such great care of me. I love you honey!
No comments:
Post a Comment