6.18.2009

I found something to do!



Yesterday I was so concerned about what I was going to do that I HAD to figure something out. I did go to the grocery store to get the milk and eggs that we somehow forgot on Saturday's trip, plus some popsicles. But that's not the exciting part.

I finally made my way downtown to the library! For those that know me, you know how much I love to read, especially in the summer while laying out. Since it was a yucky day (at least it started that way), what better place to spend it than at the library picking out books and at home reading them? I picked up a stack of 6 books. When I got home I asked Matt how long he thought it would take to finish all of them. He thought 6 weeks, one book per week. He's already off. I finished the first book, Whacked, in just over 24 hours. 

Here is also a good time to mention one of my most visited websites, www.goodreads.com. Rachel invited me to open a page there. It's kind of like Facebook, but instead of talking about random things, it helps keep track of the books you are reading, books you want to read, etc. I can also see what my friends are reading. So, if you haven't signed on there and you like to read, get there and become my friend. The only recommendation I have is to not get rid of that list you carry in your purse or wallet unless you have 24/7 access to the internet in your purse or pocket as well. I almost threw out my list after I added all of the books that I want to read to Goodreads. How would I know what books to check out at the library or buy at the bookstore if I did that? Good thing I didn't!

I also cleaned off the driveway when the sun came out yesterday afternoon. The whole day wasn't terrible, and it looks like summer might show up next week. Yippee!!


No comments:

Post a Comment