6.26.2009

Doctor Update and Other Things



We visited with the doctor today (35 week check-up). From here out we will be going once a week. The first thing the doctor asked when she walked in was why I hadn't had my ultrasound yet. Well, let's see...I'm not in charge of calling the ultrasound office to order the procedure, and since no one called me to schedule one, I'm guessing the person who is in charge of that, didn't do it. Anyway, that's not the important part.

My blood pressure is good, and I only gained one pound in the past 3 weeks. That doesn't seem right to me, but whatever. That's good! The doctor thinks the baby is still transverse (I'm not sure I agree with that, based on the severity of movements I feel and where I feel them). After the ultrasound on Tuesday, followed by the doctor's appointment on Wednesday, we'll figure a couple of things out. If Little K is still transverse, the doctor wants to schedule me for the inversion (rotation) procedure in my 38th week. That would be around the 15th. If the procedure is a success, and the baby gets where s/he is supposed to be, I will immediately be admitted to the hospital and induced. This will prevent the baby from flipping back to where s/he has been so comfortable for a long while.:)

If the inversion does not work, I will immediately or very quickly be admitted for a c-section. 

None of this sounds according to any plan we had in our minds, but that's okay. As long as the baby gets here and is healthy, that's really all Matt and I care about. And I say that completely calmly right now, and I am completely calm right now, but that could change.  The doctor was really worried about my mental state when we talked about this. Honestly though, if the baby can't get here the way God intended, then whatever needs to happen, will happen.  

On to other things...

Yesterday, Matt and I celebrated our 4th anniversary. 



That in and of itself is kind of strange. It seems like it was just last summer that we were under the sweltering sun saying "I do." Matt cleaned up the garage while I ran errands at Target, Allied Pools, and Pick 'n' Save. We spent some time in the (finally) clean pool, then made an early dinner.

We had beef tenderloin with a very yummy blue cheese sauce, grilled veggies, and tomato/basil/mozzarella salad with balsamic vinegar. 

   

Dinner was early because we wanted to go help Brigid celebrate buying her first house. Big things happened yesterday: Michael Jackson died, Farrah Fawcet died, Brigid bought her house, we celebrated 4 years, and Bon Jovi opened Summerfest. I did finally admit to Matt that he was right; with the heat and humidity as bad as they were, there was no way I could have handled Summerfest, no matter how much I love Bon Jovi. Oh well...There will be another chance.

It is much cooler today, so I think I am headed to the pool with a book and some water. Grandma is coming to stay with us for a few days next week, so I do have to clean up a bit, but that can happen when the sun isn't at its peak for tanning time! Don't worry, Joni, I'll wear sunscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment