We spent part of Sunday afternoon (after Matt had mowed the yard and split some wood) hanging the pictures in the baby's room. That was the last touch that needed to happen in order for me to show off the room to the world. I'm only posting one or two photos here. There are more on my Picasa site. Many thanks to many people, but namely: Matt for getting the priming done and painting the ceiling and trim; Mom for painting the walls; Emily for picking the paint color (Grass Cloth Green by Behr); Jean for the baby's crib; Mom and Dad for the bookshelf, rocker, and dresser; and Amanda for the idea to use Make Way for Ducklings and for buying Little K a copy that could be torn apart. If I forgot someone, I'm sorry. My pregnant brain doesn't remember things the way it used to. (And yes, we do need more books. These will get the baby through age 3 I'm thinking.)
I also got around to labeling the zillions of unmarked baby food jars from the shower in Atlantic. Thanks, Tammy, for giving me the answer sheet so I didn't have to guess.
Here is our lovely travel system, just waiting to be installed in the Pilot (see note at the bottom about the Pilot). We just need an extra base for Gretel so Little K can ride in style in both cars.
32 weeks and counting! We started our baby classes tonight at the hospital. There were 12 pregnant people there, with various people as partners. We are the only ones who have not found out the sex of the baby. Of the 11 others, 9 are having boys. So, those of you who think this is going to be a boy might be in luck. And you might not. We'll see.
A couple of non-baby related items:
1) There is a very large hole in the ground next door to our house. And I believe they will be pouring the foundation tomorrow or shortly thereafter. This house they are building is going to be HUGE, with basically no back yard, and little front yard as it will be consumed by driveway.
2) The Pilot: It's been around long enough now to need a name. The Jetta was Hansel (because Hansel is so hot right now), but I don't really want a Japanese name for the Pilot. So...Since it is a pilot, I was thinking Ice Man or Maverick would work well. What do you think?
Upcoming events:
I have another doctor's appointment on Friday. That will come after I exhaust myself on a field trip to Old World Wisconsin in Eagle. For you Maryland people, from what I've seen on the internet, it looks very similar to Historic St. Mary's City. I'll try to remember to take pictures and tell you all about it later.
Oooh ooh! Ice Man. You have to click your teeth every time you say it! You look great and can't believe you're at 32 weeks already! Love the baby room, except you should have chosen "Seizure Inducer Yellow" instead. I think that's a popular one now. We'll get on the registry soon, promise!
ReplyDeletei say give it a name like "Dead Meat", "Washout" or "Topper Harley" from Hot Shots!
ReplyDeleteGo with Kamikaze, way more thrilling! Especially for Baby K!
ReplyDeleteThe room looks completely adorable and inviting - I can already see you reading and rocking away with your little one. And a belated congrats on the glowing work review too! Although I, for one, am not in the least surprised. :)
ReplyDelete