So, the worst night ever...I'm sure you have already figured out that we had thunderstorms last night. And not just normal thunderstorms, but there were some tornadoes involved as well. Lovely, huh? I woke up around 12:45 to go to the bathroom and noticed Matt hadn't come to bed yet. Then I saw the lightning and heard the thunder. I almost went downstairs to beg him to come to bed, but decided I could try to be a big girl about everything. Not 5 minutes later Matt burst into the bedroom to tell me I had to get up, the sirens were going off. Lovely.
We spent about the next hour or so monitoring things on the Club Level t.v. We sent Flop down to the laundry room for safekeeping and Matt started to get water gathered in case of emergency. At some point Matt decided it was safer for all of us to get into the laundry room. We sat down there for a while, wrapped in some of the moving blankets just in case, until Matt checked the t.v. again and decided it was all clear.
So now I can go back to sleep, right? Wrong. Little K had woken up and was practicing ninja moves. That took a while to calm down. I fell into a very fitful sleep for a while, and was again awakened with the loudest crack of thunder ever. Matt tried to calm me down, again, but I'm not sure how well it worked. I did fall asleep finally. I guess I'm just getting ready for having a baby, right?
I'm just glad I didn't have to get up for any reason today. Maybe I'll take a nap later.
No comments:
Post a Comment