6.17.2009

What Now?

The school year is officially over. I left school yesterday with a few random things, including my trusty MacBook, at noon and am not looking back! A bunch of teachers hit the Pizza Hut buffet for lunch, which was nice.

But now what do I do? I can't remember a year when school let out and the weather actually cooperated for sunbathing. It definitely isn't cooperating here. I'm in a sweatshirt on the 17th of June. Pretty ridiculous.

I did get to sleep in this morning, kind of. I think I made 3 bathroom trips between 3 a.m. and 7 a.m. Plus, shortly after that last bathroom run, the construction crew showed up next door and started hammering and sawing away. I think I need to go to the grocery store and get some milk and eggs, but that's the extent of my plans. And it is a very strange feeling.

I'm pretty sure I go through this every year as school ends. I'm so used to being on a schedule and having something to do, even if it is getting to bed by a certain time, that I flounder for a few days. We do have some plans for the weekend. Nolan and Annie will be in Gurnee Friday night so we are going to see them. Matt has class on Saturday, and I think I am going to Davenport to meet my parents for Father's Day. Matt might be going to Sussex to see a bunch of British cars with his dad on Sunday for Father's Day. Aren't we completely exciting???

Welcome to summer, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment