8.27.2009

Draft Weekend

It's Fantasy Football Draft Weekend! Part One.

This, and the subsequent posts are an account of the whole weekend as it unfolds...

• I take fantasy football pretty seriously... At least one particular league. Six years ago, a handful of friends from Naval Surface Warfare Center - Indian Head Division created a FF league. Our lives and careers have scattered some of us across the country, but somehow, most of us are still able to make it back to DC for the draft. Wouldn't it be a fat pile if cash cheaper to do the draft online, you ask? Well, of course, but your missing the point. It's a great excuse for us all to get together, play a lot of golf, drink a lot of beer and make fun of people for taking Brett Favre in the second round.

• As much as it breaks my heart to abandon Midwest Airlines, AirTran has treated me quite well. More than a couple of times, they have offered $30 upgrades to first class. On top of the free booze, by upgrading, you don't have to pay a $20 fee to check a bag! I'd say that's a pretty great deal, even for an unemployed bum like me.

• it's my first extended period away from Mr. Steve. Sure, I have left for a couple of rounds of golf or to go to the driving range, but I was never mote than 5 minutes away from
Ang and Stephen. I'm not sure how I feel about it - it's definitely weird. I know Steve won't notice, but I am pretty sure Angie likes having me around to help. I guess we will have to consider it a test. Don't worry... I will get my payback. I am flying solo with Steve on Tuesday when Angie goes in for the first day of school.

• Am I a golf addict? It's less than half an hour until I land and my brother is picking me up and we are going straight to the Ft Belvoir golf course. It will be a good test to see if I have straightened out my driver since my last round a couple weeks ago.

• I will try to remember to post more as the weekend progresses, but I can't promise anything. It looks to be a pretty fast and furious weekend! If you're lucky, maybe I will even try to live blog during the draft... assuming you're interested in our shennanigans.

-- Post From Matt's iPhone

3 comments:

  1. I'm interest in Steve first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the subsequent posts???

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NOOOO! If only I'd read this sooner! Pat is in N. VA for the draft tonight (Sat.) You could have crossed drunken paths! :(

    ReplyDelete