8.08.2009

It's me again!

I'm back.  I know some of you were missing my posts terribly, and others probably prefer Matt, but tough.:)

We've been through quite a bit in the past 6 days. For starters, I can see my feet again! The trade-off? I've got the most beautiful little boy in the whole world, who depends on me for absolutely everything. My mom warned me that there would come a point, shortly before delivery, when I would think to myself, "I'm not sure I'm ready for this. Maybe the baby can just stay in there for a while longer." I didn't really believe her, but I did have those fleeting thoughts. They were very quickly replaced with my thoughts of just getting the kid out, especially when Saturday rolled around and I was still pregnant last weekend!

I won't go into great depth about the events of Sunday, mostly because Matt took care of it for me. It was a very strange experience, not to mention it was actually the easy part of everything! Learning how to be a mom is a much harder job. The big things I remember from Sunday? 

1) Feeling the contractions getting stronger and stronger and doing everything I could to breathe through them, relax, and all, and thinking I wasn't doing a very good job because it was hurting like nobody's business. 
2) Being very, very hungry and not being about to do anything about it.
3) Waking up from the first nap I took post-epidural and realizing that my legs were there, and yet they weren't. 
4) Our parents shaking their keys at us in preparation for "kick-off."
5) The indescribable joy I felt when Steve finally entered the world and Dr. Chance-Lawson declared, "It's a boy!"

Every day since then has been different. Steve is not even a week old so there is no such thing as a schedule. We do know that he's going to do 3 things repeatedly, eat, sleep and poop. We're learning every minute of every day. We just discovered today that Steve really likes music (thanks, Grandma Jean!) and he likes his bouncy chair (sans-bouncy right now though). 

I'll wrap things up by saying thanks.  Thanks to everyone for their blessings, words of support, and being understanding enough when I don't respond to emails right away or phone calls. To our parents...Words aren't enough to express how grateful I am to you all. And lastly, my amazing husband, who I couldn't get through a day without.


No comments:

Post a Comment