8.11.2009

Gearing Up

Tomorrow begins the Kennedy invasion! Josh, Teri, Cam and Sasha are stopping in Wisconsin for a brief visit on their way to Minnesota for the Hoemann Family Reunion. I believe this will be the first Hoemann reunion that Matt and I have missed since I became part of the family. We'll be sad not to be there with everyone, but Steve and I just aren't ready for a big road trip just yet. And I bet if you ask him, neither is Matt. Anyway, the Kennedy clan will all be here at the Compound tomorrow, then we'll be heading to Cedarburg on Thursday for more family time. I am really hoping that Steve decides to sleep better tonight than he did last night. It will make having visitors much more pleasurable.

What else has been happening? Steve had a big day on Monday. During one of the early morning diaper changes, I discovered that his stump (shriveled up umbilical cord) had fallen off. I couldn't believe it had happened so quickly! Also, after two days of saying I was going to give Steve a bath, I finally did. It was supposed to be a sponge bath, but since his stump fell off I decided to go for a regular bath. Boy, did he hate that! 


I didn't do the greatest job, but whatever. He's clean-ish and really, the only part of him that gets dirty regularly is his butt. 

A couple of teacher friends stopped by today, along with one of our neighbors. Apparently, we've got a pretty cute kid on our hands. The neighbor was even kind enough to offer baby-sitting services if we need to get out of the house or something. I'm still getting used to the kindness of people after living in Waldorf where people aren't always the nicest.

Matt has posted more pictures in the August album on Picasa. I'll leave you with a shot of our perfect little man. Click on the picture to take you to the web album.

3 comments:

  1. Love the new pics. He is absolutely gorgeous! We hope that Steve and Hadley can meet one day (soon). Miss you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, he IS perfect! I'm glad to hear that sleep is coming a liiiiiiiittle bit more readily, and it'll only get better, right? Y'all can keep it up, you amazing people, you!

    Belated comment on Matt's naming post - thanks a lot, dude, for catching me in an emotional state and bringing the tears. Geesh. :) And I love your idea for a little lady's name. Adorable. My grammy's middle name is Lucille too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He truly is gorgeous, I mean check out that clef in his chin!! Look out girls someday! ;). You are doing a great job, the schedule is a long time coming, so just enjoy his casualness for the time being, while he can get away with it!

    Also, matt that name blog was incredible. You moved me from lump in my throat to tear on my cheek in no time flat. Please promise me that you will print these blogs and bind them in a book for him to read one day. You each have a gift for writing , and it's wonderful for all of us to stay tuned to your life. He will be the true beneficiary of your thoughts while he was at this "little tiny" part of his life. Good job!! And I hope you get to use that cool girl name Angie; it's beautiful.

    Ang I love the thoughts from the birth-day! Wasn't the hungry part awful? I hope matt took my comment to 'not flaunt the Jimmy john's in front of you' to heart!!

    Thank YOU for staying in touch! Michelle

    ReplyDelete