For starters, we've posted more pics on the Picasa Site. We tend to throw captions on some of them and you can comment just like you can here on the blog. As a reminder, we will change the album name on a month-to-month basis just to keep things somewhat organized.
These are definitely not in chronological order, so bear with me...
- Stephen (or Steve... you pick) is feeding right now and he made a rather odd noise. Angie just described it as "a gulp or a snort or an oink or something." Yes, we do love our son, but that doesn't mean we don't get to poke fun at him.
- We took Steve in for his first doctor's appointment with Dr Chance-Lawson. Nothing really new or exciting. Really just establishing a baseline for how often we are (read: Angie is) feeding him, how often we should be feeding him and what other stuff we should expect in the next few weeks. He lost some weight, 6 oz, and apparently grew 1.25" (or someone mis-measured). As much as he has been eating, I'm sure he'll gain that weight back and thensome rather soon.
- This has definitely been a learning experience. Well, kinda. I'm mostly talking about trying to figure out the schedule that babies keep. So, I say kinda, because since we've been home (Tuesday, noon), Steve hasn't done the same thing at the same time of day once. Three nights ago, you could set a clock by his waking times... 2 hours on the nose. Two nights ago, he alternated. Asleep for 2 hours, then 1, then 2, then one, and so on. Last night, when he chose to sleep, it was for 3 hours, but he decided to stay awake from 1:30 until 4:30. Hopefully this will get consistent one day.
- I think baby-sneezes are hilarious.
- If you're thinking about having kids (or are in the process) and don't yet know the gender of your kid, don't find out. Its worth the wait. I promise. I find it difficult to put into words how I felt when he came into the world and discovered he was, well, a he. It was kinda like in an instant, I imagined all of the things I would do as he grew older - teaching him how to throw and hit and field grounders, teaching him how to tackle properly, going thru algebra homework, driving a stick-shift in a parking lot, blah blah blah. Really, it was a flood of emotion I never even considered having. We definitely won't find out with the next kid (or two or however many).
- Here's what we do when we can con Steve into sleeping...
How is there not a Dr. Change Lawson on Days of Our Lives? Glad to hear you're doing well.
ReplyDeleteThat baby sleeping on Mom while she works is so familiar. Also, that sleeping posture gave me many hours of Xbox.